Friday, June 12, 2009

Roasted Radish, Kohlrabi, and Potato

Box #3 is here!!! And there are again a few new things for this city girl to try. And I'm lookin' forward to it! This time we got: Red Leaf Lettuce, Kohlrabi, Spinach, French Breakfast Radishes (They're actually CUTE!), Purple Scallions, Garlic Scapes (See the little curly things in the picture?), Yukina Savoy, Asparagus, Rhubarb, Saute Mix, and Basil.
Wow. For the first time I found a way to enjoy radishes! Roasted! It completely removes that bite that I don't care for. And I LOVED the kohlrabi roasted too! We cooked on the grill tonight and I threw together a foil packet with radishes, kohlrabi, a coupla potatoes, purple scallions, and rosemary. Yum! And to top it off, when our son got chastised for not waiting for everyone to sit down before he started eating, he said, "I just can't help it these are so good!" AMAZING!!! And I have to admit they even looked beautiful with all of the colors.

Before:
After:

1 comment:

  1. This is an old, old post! But it came up when I searched "roasted kohlrabi and radishes". I was trying to decide what to do with my CSA box, have never cooked kohlrabi and also don't like the "bite" of radishes all that much. I'm glad to see someone can vouch for this combination. Throwing in some trusty potatoes is a good ideas. And I have a bunch of green onions, I didn't think to use them! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete